7 Ways We Change Lives
The Parkinson Council’s impact is measured in the number of lives touched. Investments made in the Greater Philadelphia region are:
- Providing more individuals with therapy, education, and social support.
- Supporting scientific and clinical research at Penn and Jefferson that will improve Parkinson’s therapies.
- Expanding access to home visits for people that need it.
- Funding a mentorship program designed to appropriately match newly diagnosed people living with Parkinson’s to cope and self-manage their diagnosis.
- Bringing painting, drawing, papermaking, pottery and sculpture lessons to people with Parkinson’s Disease via The Philadelphia Museum of Art.
- Helping University of Delaware movement disorder specialists reach more people living with PD through telehealth.
- Inspiring people with Parkinson’s to dance and sing, some for the first time.
Why do we do it?
Our mission is to provide financial support to local nonprofits and institutions dedicated to improving the quality of life for people with Parkinson’s disease, their families and care partners. Our goal is to touch the lives of more people with Parkinson’s every day.