Funding the Future
The Parkinson Council invested $326,102 in grant funding to local organizations for 2024.
- Stay Fit Exercise Program – Funding for salaries and benefits for one PT to staff the Stay Fit virtual classes, compensation for one PT to lead in-person classes, and supplies.
- Funding to provide salary support for one part-time licensed clinical social worker for family counseling, health benefits navigation, and facilitating contact with local support groups.
- Continuation of work that optimized mDA differentiation protocol imaging of maturing cells into mDA neurons to harvest for enrichment to eliminate potential contaminating phenotypes that develop from non-mDA progenitors in culture.
- Funding for a Jefferson Palliative Care nurse practitioner (New Funding!)
- Home Visit Program.
- Funding support for PT and Aides to continue three in-person sessions a week in Elkins Park and an additional second weekly session in the Olney neighborhood.
- Funding support for choir meetings and activities.
- Nurse Educator to lead professional in-service programs to health care workers in hospitals, rehabilitation facilities, and home care providers; manage (2) multidisciplinary clinics monthly; and initiate a case management protocol for patients experiencing psychosis in order to avoid crisis situations.
- Counseling – Salary support (partial) for social worker.
- Social Worker – Funding support for counseling program.
- Funding support for a coordinator, educator, supplies, parking, and technology for 20 workshops offered in a hybrid format (virtual and in-person).
- Funding for an outpatient medical social worker to do outreach and education with a focus on DBS.
- Comprehensive care and treatment, including psychological and carepartner support.
Movement Programs (Virtual and In-Person):
- Dance for PD(Bryn Mawr and Center City in person).
- MissionPD– virtual and in-person exercise classes.
- Yoga4Philly– weekly classes at Enon Tabernacle Baptist Church.
- Joe Hand Boxing Gym Parkinson’s Exercise Program – funding for training, staffing, operating expenses, and supplies to provide free workshops for PwP and their families/supporters.