Abington – Jefferson Health
- Funding for one Nurse Navigator (in-patient and out-patient) responsible for delivering direct patient care, including initial contact for care-partners; identify gaps in care and identify partners and patients to refer to ancillary programs.
Dan Aaron Stay Fit Exercise Program at Arcadia
- Stay Fit Exercise Program – Funding requested for salary and operational support of the Stay Fit Program (one of three semesters).
Cooper Neurological Institute/Cooper University Hospital
- Funding to provide salary support for one part-time licensed clinical social worker for family counseling, health benefit navigation and facilitate contact with local support groups.
Thomas Jefferson University
- Dr. Jingli Cai and her team will define the most representative dopaminergic neuronal phenotype to model Parkinson’s Disease in iPS cell cultures.
- Dr. Tsao-Wei Liang, Director of the Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorder Program, received a service grant for salary support for the clinical care coordinator, community outreach and education, the home care visitation program.
The James A. Michener Art Museum
- Studio Art Classes for Adults with Parkinson’s Disease
- Requesting additional funding to continue the support and expansion of MossRehab Parkinson’s Disease Maintenance Program.
- Funding to support to sustain and expand Center City choir, ParkinSingers, and initiatives to reach a more diverse community.
Penn Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorders Center
- Salary support for research specialist, app programming and fitness tracker.
- For Comprehensive Care
- Nurse Educator
- Counseling Program
- Social Worker to educate and raise awareness about the impact of Parkinson’s to traditionally underserved populations.
Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Funding to support Accessible Art Program for People with Parkinson’s and their Care-Partners that offers painting, drawing, sculpture and printmaking.
SOWN (Supportive Older Women’s Network)
- Funding to support the continuation of the Parkinson’s Care Partners Telegroup program, an innovative approach to disease management and emotional support for care-partners of family members and loved ones with Parkinson’s disease.
University of Delaware – Nurse Managed Care Center
- Increase new and follow-up visits via telehealth in the PD clinic to a MDS, totaling 85 patients;
- Increase clinical psychologist visits in the PD clinic, totaling 50 psych patients;
- Refer all new PD patients (25 patients) for assessment of needed services (including caregiver support programs and respite services) by the nurse care coordinator;
- Establish new clinical outcome indicators by analyzing results ofexisting data from patients who previously received treatment in the PD clinic.
University of Pennsylvania, Center for Neurodegenerative Disease Research
- Funding supplies to investigate hypothesis that a-synuclein autoantibodies (AAbs) to 𝛼-syn toxicity through interactions in the peripheral nervous system, mark the start of Parkinson’s.
- 954 Movement Collective
- Dance for PD in Abington, Bryn Mawr, Center City and West Chester
- Penn School of Nursing Yoga
- Rock Steady Boxing – Manayunk
- Yoga Therapy by Theresa Conroy