Abington – Jefferson Health
- Funding for one Nurse Navigator (in-patient and out-patient) responsible for delivering direct patient care, including initial contact for care-partners; identify gaps in care and identify partners and patients to refer to ancillary programs.
Dan Aaron Stay Fit Exercise Program at Arcadia
- Stay Fit Exercise Program – Funding requested for salary and operational support of the Stay Fit Program (one of three semesters).
Cooper Neurological Institute/Cooper University Hospital
- Funding to provide salary support for one part-time licensed clinical social worker for family counseling, health benefit navigation and facilitate contact with local support groups.
Thomas Jefferson University
- Dr. Jingli Cai and her team will further investigage recent results of discovering a LRRK2 small molecule inhibitor (CZC54252) had potent neuroprotective action on mid-brain dopamine neurons HiPS cells (which had never been reported in the field).
- Dr. Tsao-Wei Liang, Director of the Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorder Program, received renewed salary support for the clinical care coordinator, community outreach and education, the home care visitation program, and creation of a clinical fellowship program.
- Requesting additional funding to continue the support and expansion of MossRehab Parkinson’s Disease Maintenance Program.
- Funding to support to sustain and expand Center City choir, ParkinSingers, and initiatives to reach a more diverse community.
Penn Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorder Center
- Improving Apathy in Parkinson’s Disease: Funding for salary support for research assistant for pilot to test the efficacy of a smartphone app for patients to self-monitor to increase engagement and to enhance communication with the provider.
- For Comprehensive Care
- Nurse Educator
- Counseling Program
- Outreach Program – To educate and raise awareness about the impact of Parkinson’s to traditionally underserved populations.
Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Funding to support Accessible Art Program for People with Parkinson’s and their Care-Partners that offers painting, drawing, sculpture and printmaking.
SOWN (Supportive Older Women’s Network)
- Funding to support the continuation of the Parkinson’s Care Partners Telegroup program, an innovative approach to disease management and emotional support for care-partners of family members and loved ones with Parkinson’s disease.
University of Delaware – Nurse Managed Care Center
- The project goals are to:
- Increase available teleheath appointments with Movement Disorder Specialist (MDS) by 50%
- Continue to provide local access to specialized and advanced care for people with PD
- Enhance the interactive education provided for people with PD, their families and community health providers
- Expand the scope of care provided by the PD clinic’s care coordinator and PT
- Continue to collect data to inform the longitudinal research study about people with PD
- 954 Movement Collective
- Dance for PD in Abington, Bryn Mawr, Center City and West Chester
- Penn School of Nursing Yoga
- Rock Steady Boxing – Manayunk
- Yoga Therapy by Theresa Conroy