The Parkinson Councils mission is to raise funds to provide financial grants to Philadelphia and Delaware Valley based entities dedicated to:
- Promoting research into the causes of and cure for Parkinsons disease and quality of life issues.
- Educating people with Parkinsons, care-partners, health professionals and the general public about Parkinsons Disease; and
- Improving the quality of life for patients and their care-partners.
The Council provides financial grants in the following areas:
- Research initiatives that may lead to improved quality of life, improved symptomatic relief from the effects of Parkinsons Disease, and has the potential to lead towards the cause or cure for Parkinsons Disease.
- Activities that bring awareness of Parkinsons disease to the medical, general and underserved communities through advocacy and education.
- Support for emotional and physical needs that have the potential to improve symptoms and enhance quality of life for the person and care-partner.
- Support groups for patients and care-partners.